Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal. An investor should carefully consider investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing.
By clicking on your client type to enter the website, you are confirming that you have read and understood the important information that is contained below, and you accept the terms of the Privacy and Cookies policy.
THIS WEBSITE IS AIMED AT PROFESSIONAL CLIENTS IN SWEDEN
This website is published by Lyxor International Asset Management (LIAM), a French asset management company approved by the AMF (17 place de la Bourse 75082 Paris Cedex 02) under the UCITS (2009/65/EC) and AIFM (2011/31/EU) directives.
The website is hosted by on Microsoft Azure servers.
This website is subject to French and Swedish law, as applicable.
A professional client is a client that is either a per se professional client or an elective professional client (Note article 4 (1) 12 of Mifid )
A professional client is one of the following:
– an entity required to be authorised or regulated to operate in the financial markets. The following list includes all authorised entities carrying out the characteristic activities of the entities mentioned, whether authorised by an EEA State or a third country and whether or not authorised by reference to a directive:
– in relation to MiFID or equivalent third country business, a large undertaking, meeting two of the following size requirements on a company basis:
– in relation to business that is neither MiFID or equivalent third country business, a large undertaking meeting either of the following conditions:
The above definition is only an extract and is not exhaustive. For further details please refer to the Glossary section of the FSA Handbook: http://fsahandbook.info/FSA/html/handbook/Glossary/P
Lyxor and Lyxor ETF are names used by Lyxor Asset Management UK LLP to promote the products of Lyxor International Asset Management. Although information contained herein is from sources believed to be reliable, Lyxor Asset Management UK LLP makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy of any information. Any reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of these materials is prohibited.
Marketing Restrictions and Implications
Lyxor UCITS compliant Exchange Traded Funds (Lyxor UCITS ETFs) referred to on this website are open ended mutual investment funds (i) established under the French law and approved by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (the French Financial Markets Authority), or (ii) established under the Luxembourg law and approved by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (the Luxembourg Financial Supervisory Committee). Most, if not all, of the protections provided by the Swedish regulatory system generally and for funds authorised in Sweden do not apply to these exchange traded funds (ETFs). In particular, investors should note that holdings in this product will not be covered by the provisions of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, or by any similar scheme in France.
This website is exclusively intended for persons who are not "US persons", as such term is defined in Regulation S or the US Securities Act 1933, as amended, and who are not physically present in the US. This website does not constitute an offer or an invitation to purchase any securities in the United States or in any other jurisdiction in which such offer or invitation is not authorised or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such offer or solicitation. Potential users of this website are requested to inform themselves about and to observe any such restrictions.
Index Replication Process
Lyxor UCITS ETFs follow both physical and synthetic index replication process.
However, most Lyxor UCITS ETFs follow synthetic replication process. This consists of entering into a derivative transaction (a ‘Performance Swap’, as defined below) with a counterparty that provides complete and effective exposure to its benchmark index. Lyxor has adopted this methodology in order to minimise tracking error, optimise transaction costs and reduce operational risks.
A Performance Swap is a contractual agreement which is negotiated over-the-counter (OTC) between two parties: the Lyxor UCITS ETF and its counterparty. From a risk perspective, each Performance Swap ranks equally with other senior unsecured obligations of the counterparty, such as common bonds (i.e., same rights to payments). In the Performance Swap, the counterparty of the Lyxor UCITS ETF commits to pay the Lyxor UCITS ETF a variable return based on a pre-determined benchmark index, instead of a fixed stream of income (as in bonds). At the same time, the counterparty will receive from the Lyxor UCITS ETF the performance and any related revenues generated by the basket's assets (excluding the value of the Performance Swap) held by the Lyxor UCITS ETF. Information provided on individual ETFs includes data on the basket relating to the ETF and the percentage value of the basket represented by each asset. The information is relevant to the closing values on the date given.
The Lyxor UCITS ETFs described on this website are not suitable for everyone. Investors' capital is at risk. Investors should not deal in this product unless they understand, having obtained independent professional advice where necessary, its nature, terms and conditions, and the extent of their exposure to risk. The value of the product can go down as well as up and can be subject to volatility due to factors such as price changes in the underlying instrument and interest rates. If a fund is quoted in a different currency to the index, currency risks exist.
Prior to any investment in any Lyxor UCITS ETF, you should make your own appraisal of the risks from a financial, legal and tax perspective, without relying exclusively on the information provided by us. We recommend that you consult your own independent professional advisors (including legal, tax, financial or accounting advisors, as appropriate).
· Capital at Risk. ETFs are tracking instruments: Their risk profile is similar to a direct investment in the Benchmark Index. Investors’ capital is fully at risk and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Investments are not covered by the provisions of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (“FSCS”), or any similar scheme.
· Counterparty Risk. Investors may be exposed to risks resulting from the use of an OTC Swap with Societe Generale. Physical ETFs may have Counterparty Risk resulting from the use of a Securities Lending Programme.
· Currency Risk. ETFs may be exposed to currency risk if the ETF or Benchmark Index holdings are denominated in a currency different to that of the Benchmark Index they are tracking. This means that exchange rate fluctuations could have a negative or positive effect on returns.
· Replication Risk. ETFs are designed to replicate the performance of the Benchmark Index. Unexpected events relating to the constituents of the Benchmark Index may impact the Index provider’s ability to calculate the Benchmark Index, which may affect the ETF’s ability to replicate the Benchmark Index efficiently. This may create Tracking Error in the ETF.
· Underlying Risk. The Benchmark Index of a Lyxor ETF may be complex and volatile. When investing in commodities, the Benchmark Index is calculated with reference to commodity futures contracts which can expose investors to risks related to the cost of carry and transportation. ETFs exposed to Emerging Markets carry a greater risk of potential loss than investment in Developed Markets as they are exposed to a wide range of unpredictable Emerging Market risks.
· Liquidity Risk. On-exchange liquidity may be limited as a result of a suspension in the underlying market represented by the Benchmark Index tracked by the ETF; a failure in the systems of one of the relevant stock exchanges, Societe Generale or other Market Maker systems; or an abnormal trading situation or event.
The securities can be neither offered in nor transferred to the United States.
Any statement in relation to tax, where made, is generic and non-exhaustive and is based on our understanding of the laws and practice in force as of the date of this document and is subject to any changes in law and practice and the interpretation and application thereof, which changes could be made with retroactive effect. Any such statement must not be construed as tax advice and must not be relied upon. The tax treatment of investments will, inter alia, depend on an individual’s circumstances. Investors must consult with an appropriate professional tax adviser to ascertain for themselves the taxation consequences of acquiring, holding and/or disposing of any investments mentioned on this website.
Further information on the risk factors are available in the [Risk Warning – link to risk page] section of the website.
Any fund prospectus and supplements are available at www.lyxoretf.se. Information given about the past performance of the funds is no guarantee of future performance. No investment decision should be taken without reading the fund prospectus and any fund supplement of the fund concerned.
Although the content of the website is based upon information that LIAM consider reliable or comes from sources that LIAM consider reliable, LIAM have not verified such information. Lyxor make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of any information. Any reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of the materials available on the website is prohibited.
No information published on the LIAM Website constitutes a solicitation, an offer, or a recommendation to buy or sell any investment instruments, to effect any transactions, or to conclude any legal act of any kind whatsoever.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent and only restricted by mandatory law, in no event shall LIAM or any of its directors, employees or agents have any liability whatsoever to any person for any direct or indirect loss, liability, cost, claim, expense or damage of any kind, whether in contract or in tort, including negligence, or otherwise, arising out of or related to the use of all or part of these web pages
By clicking on your client type to enter the website, you shall be deemed to have represented to us that you are not a U.S. person and that you are not located in the United States of America, its territories and possessions, and any State of the United States of America and that you are authorised to receive the information to and on this website.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED ABOVE AND ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY.